Social Media Disclaimer
Florida has a very broad public records law. As a result, any written communication created or received by Volusia County Schools (VCS) officials and employees will be made available to the public and media, upon request, unless otherwise exempt. If you do not want your comment and subsequent identifying information released in response to a public-records request, do not comment. Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to Volusia County Schools work locations or employees.
The purpose of this site is to disseminate information on specific Volusia County Schools topics. It is not intended to be a public forum. Comments posted to this platform will be consistently monitored for comments deemed inappropriate. These posts may be removed.
While discussions are encouraged, this page is not intended to circumvent regular communication channels for sharing personal issues and concerns, including personnel matters and student concerns. We expect that participants will treat each other with respect. VCS does not intend to create a public forum, but to maintain a forum related to topics posted by the District, with language appropriate for its audience (including minors).
Comments regarding a personal issue with the District, a school, student, or a staff member will be removed. If you need assistance, please contact Volusia County Schools.
The district reserves the right to delete submissions that contain vulgar language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial or religious groups. Comments should not be obscene in nature or serve as an attack against any person or group. Comments should not promote the violation of school rules or substantial disruption of any school's orderly operation.
Further, the district reserves the right to delete comments that are:
- Comments not related to a topic posted by VCS;
- Profane language or content;
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Solicitations of commerce;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public;
- Content that violates a copyright, trademark or other legal ownership interest;
- Accusations of immoral or illegal conduct.
VCS disclaims responsibility and liability to the fullest extent allowed by law for any inappropriate content or posting on any network or website.
Commercial advertising content on this site is not controlled nor endorsed by Volusia County Schools
This policy may be amended or modified at any time.